Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Czech Republic: 52 days ago (!!!)

As far as the summer goes, up until this time we had not really gone out and done any "sight seeing" besides going to the High Tatras. It's not that I usually do this kind of thing in the summer, but since my family was here I thought we'd probably do at least some (or I was hoping to). D&M Invited us to go with them on a short one day trip to the Czech Republic. They wanted us to see a few places that they knew of, but hadn't ever been to themselves. It wasn't much of a drive, since the two countries are right next to each other.

We visited two places, the first being a summer palace for Moravian Kings. It was really neat and the all the inside woodwork was fantastic. It's really too bad that they wouldn't let people take pictures of the inside! I guess you'll just have to ask my family what it looked like because it would be kind of hard to describe in writing. This palace was in a huge park full of all kinds of things, but we didn't walk around it because it would have taken all day. We did visit the greenhouse/glasshouse that was attached to the palace. This was also really interesting, especially since the canopy covering was made of shingle like pieces of glass.

After this we went and visited another big mansion/palace but it was from a different period. I'm not going to try and give all the details because, as of right now, I can't really remember them, but that's understandable seeing as how it has been a long time since we were there. Actually I haven't yet said it, but I started the beginning of this post half way through last month.


After the two places mentioned above, we stopped in Bratislava and walked around, since it was on our way home.


That's about it for this post. It's about time I got it finished so that's why it has turned out shorter than I had at first intended it to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, thanks for the update, we have been waiting!

Later,
Evan

Anonymous said...

The picturs are beautiful. Thank-you for sharing them. God bless!
R