Well as usual life has been so crazy that I have not had time to sit down and blog, and when I finally find the time, there doesn't seem to be anything to blog about!
Basically things are normal for late spring/early summer on a farm. There are way too many things to get done, not enough time to do them, and it has rained so much that I can't remember what the sun looks like. No, wait, it just came out for about three seconds between cloud banks, I guess it really does exist! Anyway, with all of the rain the garden is one big mud puddle and I have no hope of planting anything without several days of hot, sunny weather to dry the ground out. I keep reminding myself that God's timing is perfect, so I don't need to worry about being so far behind in the planting season. If He wants me to have a garden, it will happen.
As most of you know, Colin lost his job at Muller a couple of weeks ago. While we had kind of been expecting this to happen, it was still a little hard to take. The enemy loves to use such times to double up on his attacks, and it is hard not to get fearful. Our God however, is greater than any attack or fear, and this was a time of learning to lean on Him more, and not rely on our own strength. Last week the Lord brought a job opportunity to us, and on Monday Colin started his new job. He gets to work with Owen, and gets to be outside more, and can still go part time when he needs to so that he can also continue working on our house. Question: Why do we ever doubt God?
I also wanted to update everyone on my grandpa in Ohio. His heart surgery has been postponed for a couple of weeks because he is sick right now. My mom has come home for now but will be returning to Ohio for the surgery. Sam is still there and will be until Grandpa is able to take over running the business again. Please continue to keep all of them in your prayers.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update. :) Thought I'd leave a comment so you know I read. Jessica
Ahoj colin:)
i am not sure if you remeber me.
i am simona-from trencim.maria volarava was my piano teacher.
it great to read your blog and know something about you!
say hello to your family.and rachel-i dont know her,but i am sure she must be precious.
gby.
Post a Comment