Tuesday, November 03, 2009

As Usual......

It has been too long since I posted.

I have a million reasons for this, but not enough time to go through them all.

Our life is busy and full of interesting things, but now that I sit down to write about them, I can’t remember half of what I wanted to say.

Oh well, I will give it a go anyway.

Our summer was great. Colin was working part time, so we had a lot of time together, as well as time to get some things done around here. The garden did good, especially considering the tremendous amount of rain we had this year. Everything is done now, excepting a few fall crops, and even those will be finished soon.

In goat news, things have been kind of up and down. In the spring the goat that we were raising for meat died, and then in September our buck, Leeper, died as well. But in good news, we had the fist baby goat born here on October 5. Her name is Luka, and she is so much fun and really cute!!!

We have also added cows to our animal inventory. Cinnamon is a really sweet heifer that we are keeping to provide us with calves later down the road. The other one we call “dinner” and try not to become too friendly with him.

On the house we are still working on the living room, but it is coming along great. We are almost ready to put in the insulation and then the drywall can go up! I will put up a “beginning to end’ post with pictures when we are done.

Right after we started tearing the living room apart, Colin got a new, full time job at Webco in Springfield. This has been a blessing for us, and we are very thankful for the job. He has gone back to doing electrical stuff which is nice for him, and is also getting a chance to learn some new things. Please keep him in your prayers, as most of the guys he works with and around have very messed up lives. This gives him a chance to be a witness for Christ, but also makes the work environment hard to be in.

Well, that is all for now. I will get some pictures up as soon as I can.

Rachel

No comments: