Monday, January 22, 2007

"What am I looking at?"

"Rouse yourself up and look to God. Build your hope on Him. No matter if there are a hundred and one things that press, resolutely exclude them all and look to Him. 'Look unto Me'..." O.C. Chambers

I don't usually quote other people's words here, but when I read the above I thought it wouldn't hurt to add it today. It touches on the very problem that I've got - I let the hundred and one things in my life distract me from looking unto God. It's a surprisingly easy thing to do - to allow my attention to wonder from the One that's leading and place it on those waves in life that seem like they are going to drown me at any time. "Look unto Me". And what about the hundred and one good things, the things that most people would think "couldn't harm a fly"? They can just as easily distract my attention from the One I should be looking to. "Look unto Me".

No comments: