Thursday, April 22, 2010
My Spring Post
It seams that every blog that I visit (or at least most of them), has some lovely, thoughtful, beautiful post up right now about the wonderful season of Spring. There are pretty pictures, lists of things that are wonderful about spring, and general gushing about how great it is. :)
So, just to be different, I am putting up everything that I hate about Spring.
1) It means that summer is getting even closer. I really don't like summer.
2) The thick green layer of pollen that is on everything.
3) The allergies (coughing, sneezing, itching eyes, can't breath, sleeping for hours and still tired kind) that the a-fore said green pollen causes.
4) The emergence of hornets, wasps, and carpenter bees. All of whom live solely to terrorize me.
5) Wind from the South.
6) Bad storms (do they always have to come in the middle of the night, or when I am home by myself?).
7) Ticks.
8) Snakes.
9) Temperatures over 70.
10) Mold growing on everything, everywhere, and causing even worse allergies than the pollen.
Okay, now that I have had my little rant, I feel better. And a little guilty, after all, who can truly hate Spring? So, next post will be a list of what I like about this season. I am sure that if I think hard enough, I can come up with a few things...... :)
Ta ta for now.
God bless,
Rachel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You make me laugh!! I especially love how you think the insects have something personal against you!! You should carry a can of Raid in your hip pocket at all times. :)
Raid used to be my best friend durring the spring and summer.
Then my wonderful husband discovered that it is cheaper (and just as easy) to crush the offending insects with a "hornet stick" and taught me how to do it too (there really is an art to it). At first I was afraid to try, but I have found that there is a great joy in feeling them grind to bits under the pressure of your stick.
There are still times that I have to use Raid, like when the nest/hornet is too high to reach, and on carpenter bees(they don't hold still long enough to be smashed), but over all this works great!
R.
P.S. IS that how you spell taught?
Post a Comment