Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Another week gone by...

...and I haven't written anything of it. We've been busy preparing one of the rooms here in the church (my old room and the outer "library") for the Manna project. We are hoping to open it as soon as we can, but first we have to make the room more usable, i.e. cleaning out all the junk that was in it. The stage we are at now is painting the walls. We started last Friday and got one wall done and another with black-lined drawings all over it.

The wall with the to-be pictures on it is not finished. There is still more that will be added and then it will all be filled in with color.


Finishing the walls that will be yellow was what we did today. It really isn't so hard to do, and the fact that the paint is water soluble is great (that means we don't have to worry if it gets on anything, unless it's another wall!).


I'll try and keep up with this project as we keep working on it. I'll also try and take more pictures (it's kind of hard to do while I'm painting!) so you can see the progress. More to come!

The youth conference is coming up this weekend and I've been running around trying to get ready the stuff that's in my charge. This has mainly been trying to figure out all the sound equipment stuff so we won't have (nearly as many) problems (as we usually do). Making cables and fixing non-working ones, soldering a transformer box, and making sure we had enough of everything were all on my list of things to do. Koco and I are going in a few minutes to look at the room we will be using. Got to get going...

OK, I'm back! The room is actually in a totally different building. We will be using the Evangelical church's second building which is used for all kinds of activities, very much like what we'll be using it for. The reason we'll be using this building is because our main room upstairs isn't finished yet (!). The room we'll be using looks like it will work out fine, but it could be kind of awkward if we have a lot of people. Now I can rest a little better knowing what we'll be dealing with on Friday.

No comments: