Yea, I know. I haven't written in a while and I guess I don't really have any "good" excuse. Every day has pretty much been "normal" since the end of the conference. I did have the chance to go and see/listen to the Slovak Philharmonic which was neat, especially considering that some of the best musicians in Slovakia play in it. I didn't take any pictures; it wasn't allowed.On Friday a small group of young people from the church here went to Berea to help out with things there. The girls ended up raking leaves (which covered somewhere around an acre of ground/yard) and the boys got to move rocks (with the help of some wheelbarrows). Here again, no pictures (I was there to work!)
I'm happy to report that my car is finally taken care of, title and license wise that is. I went by myself (because I had really no other choice) to take the title back to the owner so he could sign it over (which has to be done at the police station), and since he couldn't do it that evening I had to drive home without the title (which by law you're supposed to have in the car whenever it's driven). I got back just fine, but I decided I wasn't going back in my car without the papers. Lukas went with me the next evening to pick up the title, but for some reason (something happened in someone's communication somewhere) our effort was in vain since the title was not back yet. The next evening, which was Tuesday, we went yet again(after receiving a call) and successfully got the title. Yesterday Kocko and I drove (in my car) to Bratislava and got all the insurance/license/title stuff done. License bureaus seem to be the same way the world over: long lines; tired, waiting people; and unhappy, tired (grumpy) looking people behind the windows. I'm really glad this is all done because now I feel a lot better about driving the car (since, if I were to be stopped, I would have less to try and explain). And can you guess what? Yup, that's right, no pictures to go along with all this either!
No comments:
Post a Comment