Thursday, November 30, 2006

Something more...on topic?

I can guess that a lot of you are sometimes wondering what I'm doing over here, especially when you read posts like the last couple that I put up. I know that they lack any report on what's happening here "spiritually"; that it may seem like I'm doing the same kinds of things that I would do if I were back in the States, but I've got a question. How many of us, whether here or anywhere, have something spiritual to "report" on every day? I don't mean to try and pass any blame, and I'm not trying to get myself "off the hook"; I really mean it as a serious question. I know that it would be nice if I could give a report every day on the spiritual progress here. It would be nice to have a story to share or better yet, have the opportunity to see someone's life change. There's just one problem: I'm not a reporter.

Reporting is something that I can do, and I will try and do, but only when the chance comes for me to see something. I'm not going to go digging for a story so I'll have something to put here on my blog every day. I don't see it as my job/duty to go out and take a slice out of someone else's life. This blog is about "a slice of my life", not someone else's.

I'm a witness; someone who gets cross examined and studied, someone who saw/sees something that those who are watching me didn't/haven't seen. It's my duty to tell them what I know and live my life in a way that won't misguide them. If anyone has the opportunity to be the reporter, it's these people. They see me as I am; they look for all my slip-ups and mistakes; they're the ones who could probably give the truest report on the spiritual condition here.

So what's the point of me writing here? Is it just to let you all know what I do on an everyday basis? Yes, and no. Things that stand out to me I'll most likely report on. Things that I might be doing every day I might report on sometimes. When I get the chance to see fruit coming from someone's life, then I think I should let it be known; both for the encouragement of this person and for the encouragement of everyone else. Fruit comes in its season; it's never planted one day with the expectation that it will pop up the next day, much less bear fruit. The speed at which fruit ripens differs from plant to plant, but for some reason the speed at which we sometimes expect it to come isn't taking this into account.


Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and see a small part of what I'm able to do here. Sometimes there seems to be a big gap between seasons, but I'm glad to have the chance to see and experience every season as it comes. In His time...right?

No comments: