Monday, December 04, 2006

Project: Roof-rack 0.3

On Thursday (or Wednesday, I can't remember) I finished up the welding on all the pieces of my roof-rack. I also helped build (I prepared and ground, Daniel welded) some stands/poles to hold up a sheet for our Christmas "shadow play". On Saturday I got some of the bare metal pieces primed.

Just this morning I got the first coat of paint on everything, the roof-rack and the stands/poles. Everything is now a nice shade of gloss black. It's something new for me, but I'm having to paint everything (metal) with a brush instead of the spray can I'm used to using. Needless to say, the finished products will also have a slightly textured look to them thanks to the brush strokes.

Hopefully in a short while I'll have everything bolted together and put on the car. When I test-fitted the runners on the car everything worked out better than I expected; hopefully nothing has changed (although I don't really know how it could). The next pictures will be with the rack on the car. This is like getting an early Christmas present!

No comments: