Monday, September 18, 2006

Up in the Air

That's where my brothers are by now, either that or they are in between flights. Daniel and I dropped them off at the airport at 5:00am this morning. We got everything packed last night, but didn't make it to bed until after twelve. The problem with this was that we had to wake up at 2:30 to be ready to go! It's amazing what you can do before normal breakfast time if you wake up that early; that being said, I think I'll stick with rising at a more normal time.

Our last couple days together were full of all kinds of stuff. This weekend was the carnival/open air market here in NM. That meant that a lot of streets were blocked off, a lot of booths and rides, lots and lots of people, and now lots of trash. M & O got to experience what it was like and I'll leave it to them to describe it. I only went on Friday afternoon when some of us went to look around at the booths. There was everything from "Made in (Asia)" to traditional hand carved wooden spoons. O yea, plus a lot of people. If you think you've ever been somewhere that's crowded, then you have some idea of what it's like. Now imagine taking away the comfort zone that Americans have and you'll have an even better idea. I've heard of the phrase "an ocean of people"; this is a literal example - it's like walking in the ocean.

Saturday morning Owen, Daniel and I got up at around five o'clock to take pictures of the sun rising. We drove up to the top of foothill on one side of the valley and waited for the sun to come up on the other side. It turned out to be surprisingly cold and windy up there, but we were able to hold out until the sun went up into the clouds around seven. I'd post some pictures here, but I haven't loaded the pictures onto my computer yet so you'll just have to wait. That afternoon we, the three mentioned above plus Morgan, went and watched a futbal game here in NM's stadium. It was a pretty good game all things considered, plus we one the game 2-0.

Yesterday, which was Sunday, was the day to say goodbyes and everything. Late in the afternoon we, the three mentioned in the first part of the above plus Daniel A., went to see a hockey game in Trencin. It was a good game with us winning 2-1. I don't know if any of you who are reading this have ever been to a hockey game like we experienced yesterday or not; if you haven't, you need to. Talk about atmosphere!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how has the week been with no brothers? hope you are doing good, the weather is starting to cool off here.