Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I've just got to start

Ok. This'll be my second post and hopefully the start of posting on a regular basis. I've just got to do it or it won't get done.

But start where? I've been trying to decide whether or not to try and fill the readers in on the days that I have missed or just to start with today. I'll just start with yesterday, and if I have time I'll try to hit on the highlights of this past week.

Yesterday was a "work" day, meaning that I wasn't free to do what I wanted, but worked on the list of things that need to be done around the church here. I started out working on finishing a bed that I've been working on for the past week. The frame was there but I have put boards on the bottom and sides to keep the mattresses in. Daniel V.* and I also made some extentions so that two beds could be put together as a bunk-bed. Yesterday I finished up making the ladder, but forgot to make the railing so I guess that'll happen today.

After this, or rather while the paint was drying, Daniel and I went upstairs to scrape paint off of window frames (while they are still in the wall). This took us most of the rest of the day to do, and all we got done was one window! Not much to show for a whole days work. The paint was old though, and kept gumming up like glue, as well as catching on fire, which happens when you have to use a torch that has very little regulation. We still have about seven more windows to do, so maybe we will learn as we go and get more done in a day.

The rest of the evening was spent setting up a trampolin at the A.'s and then jumping with their kids until we were all really tired (Roman* came near the end). Then, since two or three jumpers had almost ended up in the neighbors yard, or to be more exact, in their garage, we were told to put up the netting walls that are supposed to go on trampolins now adays. We never did figure out how it went up, and since it was dark, we decided to wait until some other time to do it.

So there, that's about it for Yesterday. I'll try and post an update from today sometime later, probably this evening.


* If you don't know who this is, please let me know with an email and I will try and tell you a little about them.

No comments: