I'm sorry for the lack of up-dates in the past week. I've been really busy trying to get into the swing of things since everybody arrived*, plus trying to get settled in my new place of residence.
I've been trying to figure out what all I should move from my room here in the church since I will hopefull be moving into my "own" house sometime in the near future. Actually, from what I know, this is all still up in the air. I really haven't been given the go-ahead about starting the clean-up/light remodeling that will need to be done before I move in. The people who own the house are still using it for storing a few things in, plus using it as a place to put their (seemingly) crazy "wolf"/dog when visitors come. I'll try and remember to take a few pictures so you'll be able to see what the house looks like (don't get too excited because it's really not all that much). Speaking of "not that much", I am really happy that, once I get permission, the re-doing/modeling will not be near as much work as I thought it might take; I hadn't been inside the place for over a year, so all my previous thinking was based wholely on my memory.
So what's it like living with seven people that I've known all my life? It's different. That is mainly because we are in a strange land with a lot of things to learn. In just a few words: I'm already worn out. It's one thing for me to ask questions myself; it's a totally different thing to have seven people ask me all their questions. Ok, so maybe they don't ask me all their questions, but it sure seems like they do. I guess I've forgotten what it's like to always be on the outside, the person who doesn't understand what's going on. I guess maybe I've forgotten what it's like to have a head full of questions at the end of the day; maybe I would have done the same thing they do if I had had someone to talk to. I guess I was probably just as out of place as they seem when I watch them here. I guess maybe it all just takes time.
News. So what kind of exciting stuff has been happening? Well...(deep thoughts)...not much other than all the in-betweens that I left out of what I wrote about above.
Oh, wait! How could I forget to write about what happened yesterday? A few of the youth from the church decided to go swimming at the nearby lake which is called (no kidding) "Green Water"; it really is! O, M, and I went along. After we wadded through the bazillion people that were there (I was not having fun the minute I got there), we finally found a spot on the shore where there was enough room to park our bikes (in a bunch of stinging nettle!) and have a little room to breath. Then we got in the water; I did a shallow dive into the deepest spot with M following after I came up and said I didn't hit anything. I warned him that he'd still have to dive real shallow and he did. We then swam around for about twenty minutes. M, for one reason or another had gone up on shore and decided to get back in the water again by diving; this time he miscalculated something. He came up out of the water quite quickly and stated (with a laugh) that he had taken a "chunk out of the bottom (of the lake)". He put up the arm that had hit for me to see - that's when I was glad I didn't faint. He had, among smaller ones on the same arm and his stomach, a big slice in his left forearm. It was near his elbow and was about two and a half inches long. It was pretty deep as far as I could tell (easily a 1/4 in.), but then again it was hard to see through all the blood. I will try and make this a little bit shorter by just saying that he is all right now. We got it bandaged up there on the spot with the help of a first-aid kit out of someones car. I was in the act of pulling shoe laces out to use as a bandage holder-on-er when I heard someone behind me talking about maybe giving us a little assistance; something to do with a lot of blood leaking out between the fingers of a hand clamped around an arm. Cell phones are great and it's a good thing Zorka A. is a nurse! After she picked M up, she took him home, cleaned and bandaged him up, and then made him rest. Anyway...that was all pretty exciting!!
I'll just let you all guess as to what might happen in the second week of the new arrivals! As someone already said, "this might be a very long and interesting summer". Stay tuned!!!
O, btw, a thought for the day: Don't fling a mad dog into the air if he's got his mouth around your arm (it leaves holes).
No comments:
Post a Comment